Incepted since 1983, Saint Mary’s Higher Secondary School is affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education and providing the best possible Education to Students of Barwaha and nearby places.
Under the Chairmanship of Rev. Bishop A. A. Sebastine Durairaj (S.V.D.), Principalship of Rev. Sr. Leema Sumathi and significant efforts of entire Management Committee, the School is delivering Education to more than 1200 Students today. With a team of more than 50 Staff Members, the School emphasizes on overall development of Children and building of a better generation for the Nation.
The school began in the year 1983 with a humble step in a rented building on Narmada Road, Barwaha with view of empowering the local community by educating them. The initiative was taken by the Educational Society of Khandwa Diocese supported by the Presentation Congregation, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu. Later the society bought its own land behind the Govt. Degree College Barwaha and shifted the school to its newly constructed building. The school is now situated within an area of around eight and half acres of land with separate wings for Pre-Primary, Primary, Secondary and Higher Secondary affiliated to CBSE, New Delhi by its letter No. CBSE/AFF/1030466/EX-02289-1314/2013/546377 for Five years w.e.f. 01.04.2013 to 31.03.2018.
The school could receive appreciation and support from the people of Barwaha , and those of its outskirts through the dedicated and devoted works of Rev. Fr .Jose Arechira as its first Manager and Rev Sr. Gracy as the first Principal. The coming years saw the school growing miraculously under the charismatic management of Rev. Fathers- Francis Alvares, Jose Vaipana, Cyriac Pallikunnel, Mathew Thakkunkattil, Sebastine Kaiparmbel and Rev. Sr. Antony Josephine, Loretta, Antony Pushpam, Alice, Leema Lawrence, Philo, Juvanita, Stella and Rita.
Most of its students in the past had won laurels and acclamations and all of them are rendering their service to the nation building with full dedication. Today the school is playing a substantial role in educating the scholars of the area being Rev. Fr. Jose P.A as its Manager and Rev Sr. Leema Sumathi, the Principal. The motto of the school “To Serve With Love” is implied by imparting holistic education to all its wards.